MY PROFESSIONAL BIO
I have been a Senior Business Executive
and a Management Consultant for over
forty years. I am writing a book with the
working title You, the Money, and the
Principle of the Thing — What You Must
Do to Fix Your Federal Government.
For thirteen years I held various executive
positions in finance, including Chief Financial
Officer of two large companies.
In these capacities, I was instrumental in
raising $60 million in the public and private
capital markets, and acquiring or starting six companies. Additionally, I served as Chief Operating Officer of a multi-state mortgage bank; and Director of a commercial bank.
I was a founding shareholder of a global management consulting firm organized to combine the best of independent local profit centers with the worldwide resources of a large multinational. I served as the firm’s first Chairman and helped guide the organization’s growth to approximately 34 offices in 21 countries worldwide. The firm continues today, and is active on six continents, thirty years after its founding.
Over the course of my career I:
• Prepared and delivered more than 300 formal presentations and briefings to boards of directors and to senior executive groups in private industry as well as in the Department of Defense.
• Chaired a special financial task force chartered by the Secretary of Defense and the DOD Industry Advisory Council to review adequacy of defense contract profits, policies on pre-delivery financing, and interest dis-allowability.
• Sparked an 8% average reduction in government pre-delivery financing of all defense contracts.
• Introduced a system to recognize return on investment in determining profit objectives on defense contracts, the first official recognition of ROI in defense procurement history.
• Reduced long-standing inequities in the amount of government pre-delivery financing provided to small vs. larger defense contractors.
For nine years I was an officer in the Air Force. For three of those years I was a Project Manager in a large defense system acquisition. I am a Vietnam Veteran whose decorations include The Air Force Commendation Medal and The Bronze Star.
I hold a BS degree from Tufts University, where I was a Dean’s List student and a member of two honorary societies. I earned an MBA with Distinction from Harvard Business School and was listed in Who’s Who in America for fifteen years. I was selected for the Leadership Cleveland program and am currently a member of The Leadership Sarasota Alumni.